Monday, December 16, 2013

Five faves project

LI did this piece in watercolor and sharpie. Overall I liked the outcome, but if I were to do it again I would put more detial in the shirt. I did this piece because recently I have been really interested in drawing skeletons and creepy stuff. 

I like this drawing of my sister that I did for the SRQ airport competition. I used to be really in to photography and I took this picture of my sister a while ago. I decided to draw it because I really liked the picture. If I had to redo it I would fix the hair it looks flat and boring to me. I wish I could have played with the shadows more. But I'm glad my art was chosen to be hung. 

This was my submission to heart and soul. I called it sleepyhead because my friend is writin a book called "sleepyhead"  and wanted me to illustrate. But this painting wasnt commissioned, I started drawing this face so much that I had a dream of him. And I think the easiest way to explain the dream was by drawing it. I used sharpie and watercolor. 

I really liked this piece. I had a fun time drawing it as well. The theme was texture. And I cut out the flowers and jewels from a magazine. And I used music sheets for the edges. I drew the rabbit in sharpie. I like how whimsical this turned out to be it really reminded me of Alice in wonderland. If I were to do this over I would leave less white space. 

I started doing this project during winter break. I used a pencil. I looked at a source from Instagram. The product is still unfinished. I'm currently working on it.  If I could redo this piece I would try a more realistic approach to the whole piece. Overall I'm happy with the outcome and I'm going to keep working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment